Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Sperm Sample

This is one of those awkward posts. I wish I could just leave it as… a sperm sample was given.
But this was also one of the steps I struggled with. So here we go.

The Sperm Sample...
We actually gave our first 2 semen analysis' at Seattle Reproductive Medicine, but from there we switched to the Gyft Clinic. We did end up having 2 additional analyses' with the Gyft Clinic.

My struggles were when my husband walked into a room that there would be magazines and DVD's just sitting there available to him. I was not ok with that. So after many question, this is what I learned.

  1. There is the option to give a sample from home if you can get it to the Gyft Clinic with in 30 minutes. 
  2. As a wife, you are also allowed in the room with him at the Gyft Clinic if you you are not able to work out the at home option.

Learning those options was a HUGE relief to me, being that again, this is the most awkward point. But hey, that is just me.

There are many things women have to do during this whole process, but I don't think any of them are quite as awkward as this. So we marched in there together, laughed our way through, and came out the other side with the results. We definitely needed a Urologist.
4 tests later. Yep, still need a Urologist.

So we headed to the Urologist and discovered we will need what is called ICSI (Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection). Basically we needed to be able to get a really concentrated amount of swimmers that we can only get through a procedure with Dr Kim. Our Urologist. He is great. Although he told us we might need to be concerned about Cystic Fibrosis. That is a whole other story.

Ironic? Yes. Hehe.

And since I was searching for Dory pictures, this is my other favorite quote from Finding Nemo.
Soon I will have my own squishy! And they shall be mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment