Thursday, September 29, 2016

38 Weeks

Week 38 Complete
How far along? 38 Weeks and 3 days
Baby is the size of: A spaghetti squash at almost 7 pounds and about 19.5 inches long.
What did the baby develop: His eye color is developing. He has his final eye color, but the amount of melanin to make it the darkest it will be is not fully there yet. He could have up to an inch of hair, he keeps producing surfactant, the substance that causes the air sacs in lungs to inflate once he is breathing in oxygen, and all his organs are functioning perfectly well on their own now. This little boy is ready and waiting!
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many: 1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Definitely and it changes shape when he moves like crazy!
Maternity clothes: The same stinking ones. I am so thankful for the incredible wardrobe I will allowed to borrow, but man am I ready to have my own clothes fit again with so many more choices! I just want to be in a comfy pair of jeans again.
Stretch marks: Nope.
Sleep: As long as I take my Immupro (melatonin) and rub my legs down with lavender lotion, I sleep amazing still. Well, I get up a few times to go to the bathroom, but still great for pregnancy sleep!
Movement: This little buddy has moved more and more in the last 2 weeks. Whether it is because he is actually moving more, or because he is just bigger so I can feel every one of his movements in all 4 quadrants of my stomach, I am not sure. Regardless he is movin' movin' movin'!
Best moment this week: The 2 best Thomas memories last week.
Monday as we were driving home from a possible last dinner date, and he said "We are having a kid." With a look of complete awe on his face. I think it finally hit him.
And then Friday he looked at me with a face that was completely mystified and said, "What are we going to do when he is here?" Feed him, hold him, change him, and try to sleep. World changing.
These were definitely moments when the adventure we are about to embark in hit him.
Miss anything: We also had a wonderful last over night get away as 2 to Lynden, WA about 3 hours away and it was wonderful.
Also had my weekly appointment. We had nothing really to talk about since we had covered everything in all my previous appointments. So we measured my belly, took my vitals, and listened to his little heart beat. All is well in this little world of ours.
Medical Help:  Gentle Birth, Clarederm spray, Immupro (to sleep), and lavender lotion for my crazy legs!
Emotionally Feeling: In awe of this whole process and that I actually have a full grown baby inside of me right now.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Definitely melon, but I have also been eating lots of triscuits. Mainly because they are a quick easy snack and Costco carried organic ones now!
Anything making you queasy or sick: The beloved teeth brushing action.
Symptoms/Side effects: Braxton Hicks, diastasis recti (my abs are starting to separate on the lower part of my stomach), linea nigra, gagging, not eating as much each meal, sleeping only on my left side, bathroom breaks every time I stand up, pregnancy skin, 3rd trimester tiredness, nesting, the lightening feeling just started, my uterus up in my ribs all the time, 2 ribs are pretty much permanently out of place now, and I feel very very pregnant now! :) I think it finally hit me.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Cleaning my house this weekend and then I will be ready for him to come! I know I don't have to have it clean in order for him to come, but it will definitely make me feel better about the week post partum where I am not moving as much and trying to heal. Sitting in a cluttered house while learning this whole new baby no sleeping thing might make me crazy. Lets chalk it up to nesting. :)
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: I know you are growing a baby the whole time you are pregnant. I get that. But there is something different at the end, when your baby is completely healthy and full grown and you are just waiting for them to come. No one can describe the feeling of knowing that you have this perfectly healthy little one inside of you that you are feeding, breathing for, and giving life to. There is a sweetness that I have just been cherishing because I know before long it will be the constant work of caring for them on the outside. I am so looking forward to that, but it is just so very different caring for them on the inside at the end vs the outside. It really is so very beautiful.
38 weeks and he is really showing!

My view is just so different!

I haven't shown this in a while, but I love it! He is so close!

This was just beautiful on Friday night. My friends house is behind those 2 big trees on the right. Glorious.

Love this man.

Of course I had to finish up my canning at 38 weeks right? Thomas couldn't resist taking this pic of me. Barefoot (almost) pregnant in the kitchen.
And tell me if you did or did not track your kiddos feedings and poops. Did you guys use a specific app tracker for feedings and poops? I know it may only last a few weeks, but want to know the best ones out there in case I need to use it!

Any day now peeps! He could come any time between now and the next 26 days max!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment