Thursday, September 22, 2016

37 Weeks

 Week 37 Complete
How far along? 37 weeks 4 days
Baby is the size of: A honeydew melon, or an actual baby at about 6 pounds and 19 inches.
What did the baby develop: Adler's lungs and digestive system are working with the amniotic fluid, prepping for the real world of air and milk. His reflexes are really strong including pushing back when you push on him on my stomach and kicking up when my ribs start poking him if I don't sit up straight! He can now grasp your finger too!
 In fact, when Skishy first comes into the world, he is already going to have a full set of the reflexes that would help him survive even if you didn’t have a hospital’s worth of medical advice, your whole support system, and an internet full of facts, rumors and weird opinions to help you out on your parenting journey.
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. People actually notice I am pregnant now.
Maternity clothes: All of them.
Stretch marks: None of them.
Sleep: I am still sleeping through the night, but this last week I have been waking up about a half dozen times to go to the bathroom/get comfortable. But at least I am still sleeping!
Movement: Non stop during the day especially in the morning now which is new! Still at night when I slow down as well though. And you can push him and make him move too. :) Freaks Thomas out!
Best moment this week: With finishing up the basement last week, this last weekend we moved everything from the guest room into the basement, creating Adler's room and a guestroom in the basement. I know, I know. Pictures coming in a separate blog post. We are still busy putting together a few last details like curtains and sign projects. Pictures will be coming soon. Oh and we purchased a few of the last minute things we wanted, so we will be ready to go when they come! Yay!
And our church moved into our new church building the week before, but we were able to go this week! It looks amazing!
Miss anything: Weekly appointment went well. We marked off the desired weight goal and everyone is perfectly healthy. He is back up and moving around, but still head down. Now doing the weekly midwife appointment, weekly acupuncture appointment, and the every 10 days chiropractor appointment. This body is going to be ready for labor and birth if I have anything to say about it!
Medical Help:  My main thing is the Gentle Birth tincture I am taking 3 times a day.
Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Calcium/Magnesium, and electrolyte supplement
Emotionally Feeling: Fantastic
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Had some more watermelon and love it.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Tooth brushing
Symptoms/Side effects: Braxton Hicks, diastasis recti (my abs are starting to separate on the lower part of my stomach), linea nigra, gagging, not eating as much each meal, sleeping only on my left side, bathroom breaks every time I stand up, pregnancy skin, 3rd trimester tiredness and complete joy.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: 1 last get away! We are headed up to my friend's daughter's first birthday party up in Bellingham 3 hours away for an over night and I can't wait! It will be a good little last couple get away even if it is definitely not what I meant when I said babymoon months and months ago. Good thing we are already learning to be flexible right? ;)
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: The answer to the question, "are you getting excited to meet him?" Maybe it is just me, but I know that this little guy is going to rock our world! So we are fully enjoying this last little bit of it being "just the two of us". And yes we are enjoying our sleep. That is another question/statement we get all the time. So honestly I don't know how to answer that question because I haven't thought about it because I don't know what to expect! And lets be real. I have to get through labor and delivery first. That is a little more on the front of my mind then actually having this kid in person. I can figure out all of that part day by day, where as the labor/delivery part is a bit more of an unknown to me!

37 Weeks! And you get to see a pic of my hair after it was done by Lisa the best hair gal EVER!
Another one of my points of view this week.
2 different views of this tree at the corner of our street coming down. Thomas is thrilled he doesn't have to rake the leaves this year. It is totally going to change our street though! Sadly it did have to come down because of the damage it was doing and how dangerous it was getting. And our grass actually looks green! Yay!

My time is running out!
So three questions this week.
1) Do you change your kiddos diaper before you feed, after you feed, or at a different time?

2) And what is the best nursing bra?

3) What are your thoughts on reusable nursing pads? Good/bad/favorite brand?

1 comment:

  1. Great. Congratulations. Eat healthy fruits like kiwi, grapes and many others. If you wanted to know more more it then you can consult your doctor.

    IVF treatment centre in India

    ReplyDelete