Wednesday, September 14, 2016

36 Weeks

 Week 36 Complete
How far along? 36 weeks and 2 days. Full term! Yet I want him to stay in there at least until Monday (37 weeks) so I can have him at The Birthing Inn, but he is healthy to come at any time now.
Baby is the size of: A papaya at about 19 inches and 6 pounds. I am curious how big he really is compared to these guesstimates.
What did the baby develop: Adler is developing his digestive system and putting on the squishy baby fat. Just making his sweet body ready for the real world.
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many: 1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. It is here to stay.
Maternity clothes:All of it. Except that 1 pair of jeans.
Stretch marks: Nope.
Sleep: Still sleeping well at night, but we have been busy and gone to bed late a few nights. And that is exhausting. And no, don't tell me that is what I have to look forward too. That is 100% not helpful!
Movement: He is a mover and a shaker. Happily hanging out on my right lower side.
Best moment this week: Giggling together as Thomas and I took maternity photos with a sweet friend. I will share when she posts them on her blog.
Also my appointment with my midwife. The start of my weekly appointments! I can't believe it is already that time. Everything looks perfectly on track. My stomach is measuring 34 cm at 36 weeks which is a little small, but it is because Adler's head has already made it down into my pelvis and is no longer ballotable. A fancy word for Neva (my midwife) not being able to move it because it is so far down. His little head on Monday was occiput anterior or a fancy word for, his face is facing my spine. He is getting ready to come on out! My blood pressure and everything is looking perfect as well.
Miss anything: We have finished the deck and the railing completely! I will post an entire post just on that, because I can, but let me tell you the visible relief radiating from Thomas with having that major project finally complete.
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Calcium/Magnesium, electrolyte supplement and now Gentle Birth tincture.
Emotionally Feeling: Great. Love these last moments just Thomas and I working together to get everything ready. It really has been a beautiful time together and I am so thankful for the relationship that we have. our adventure in life so far could have so easily destroyed our relationship and instead it was made even more beautiful.
Belly button in or out: In. My belly button is so high on my stomach, I am not sure it will ever pop out.
Food cravings: A wee bit of watermelon on the few hot days this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sugar early in the day.
Symptoms/Side effects: Braxton Hicks, diastasis recti (my abs are starting to separate on the lower part of my stomach), linea nigra, gagging, not eating as much each meal, sleeping only on my left side, bathroom breaks every time I stand up.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Moving stuff into the finished room in the basement and starting to decorate Adler's room!
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy:
How much your husband will be disappointed that...
  1. You did not have weird cravings.
  2. You never waddled (ok, I still have 4-6 weeks left!)
  3. You don't make enough pregnancy noises (you all will have to ask him what he means by that).
  4. You have not had cankles (water retention) even when flying.
  5. Lack of Lamaze classes (yes we did a birthing class, but he was bummed it wasn't Lamaze, hehe).
Men. Funny little guys. He still lights up when he sees my little stomach though. I love seeing his grin when it catches him off guard.

36 Weeks!! Full term, yay!!
Black is not helpful when you are trying to look pregnant!

My post maternity view of my belly. Not exactly what you see in my maternity pics though. I am so much bigger in my head from my view!
 
 Adler is already helping Dad with projects around the house! Finishing up the deck!

Question - Things to pack for the birthing center? Being that it is not a hospital it will be a little different, but I will still need the basics. I have read a million lists, but what did you find necessary no matter where you were?

No comments:

Post a Comment