Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Week 39

 Week 39 Complete
How far along? 39 Weeks and 2 days! Officially full term according to the Dr's and just days away from my due date. We are going to have a baby sometime in the next 21 days max people!
Baby is the size of: A small pumpkin, between 19-21 inches and 7-8 pounds. Although my midwife this week guesses he is a 6 pounder at this time.
What did the baby develop: Adler's old fetal skin is falling off, and that beautiful soft baby skin is growing in underneath. He is full grown, just adding weight on. Skishy knows my voice by now, and his brain is developing every day, as it will outside the womb. His fingernails might even be so long they need a cut!
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Definitely grown in the last week!
Maternity clothes: All the maternity clothes. :)
Stretch marks: Not yet. Praying I dodged that bullet. We shall see.
Sleep: Still sleeping well with Immupro and lavender lotion.
Movement: This little boy loves to move around. Especially when we lay down to go to bed at night. But lately he has been super active while I am at work too. Hopefully he knows his nights and days!
Best moment this week: We cleaned the house from top to bottom on Saturday! We still have a few more things to finish up, but it feels so good to have that done. And then we finally packed the birthing inn bag last night. So pretty much, he can come any time. I still have things I can do, but for the most part I am good to go.
And we had the best time going out to dinner with 3 other couples on Sat night which was just lovely.
Miss anything:My weekly appointments all went well. Chiro was good, in acupuncture she continued to work on general lowering, but she also added in the points to soften my cervix.
And my appointment with my midwife was awesome. We talked through what the timeline and the choices for natural induction. Just having that knowledge is super helpful to me in knowing what our tools are and what to expect. Since I am not chomping on the bit to get him out yet, I can just continue with acupuncture, but I will add in some Clary Sage Essential Oil on my ankles, and a few rounds of pumping to see if my body responds.
I have already felt the 'lightening" sensation as well as some other things going on down there. Basically, because of the rounds of IVF and the fact that my cervix has already been "breached" if you will, I am ahead of most first time moms in that my cervix essentially knows what to do. We still won't do a cervical check to see if I am dilated or effaced until next week. But the thing I read a few weeks ago is my favorite. This is so true! So I really wont be able to tell any of you at any point how close to labor I really am. We simply don't know! All I can tell you is that things are happening and I will have him sometime in the next 21 days.
I learned 2 other things in my appointment that I loved. First, your ab muscles which is where you feel braxton hicks and your uterine/cervical muscles where you feel cramps during your period are like 2 different machines. Preterm labor you will feel both of those happening at separate times. Which I have. Real labor is when those 2 machines finally get on the same page and work perfectly together at the same time. Beautiful picture.
Second, I was telling you earlier about the different things you can do to induce labor naturally. Basically there are 2 different parts of your body that you can trigger to start labor. It is either oxytocin or prostaglandins. Oxytocin is released from things like sex or the breast pump where as prostaglandins are released by using castor oil or spicy food. Fascinating stuff!
And did you know that a membrane sweep is separating the bag of waters from the cervix? And if you can tell me why it is called bag of waters instead of bag of water, I will love you forever. I have not been able to find the answer from the from anyone I have asked or even from google.
Medical Help:  Gentle Birth, Clary Sage Essential Oil, Immupro, Lavender Essential Oil.
Emotionally Feeling: Content
Belly button in or out: In, my midwife did say she was amazed it is still in. And that some people just have more tissue there then others.
Food cravings: Not really.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The brushing of the teeth equals gagging.
Symptoms/Side effects: Braxton Hicks, diastasis recti (my abs are starting to separate on the lower part of my stomach), linea nigra, pregnancy skin, gagging, not eating as much each meal, sleeping only on my left side, bathroom breaks every time I stand up, pregnancy skin, 3rd trimester tiredness, nesting, lightening, my uterus in my ribs, and I can still do everything on my own, but getting up is way easier with assistance now.
Wedding ring off or on: On, apparently no swelling for me this round.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Either having him, or doing our tentative pumpkin patch plans this weekend.
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: The amount of research about what is best for you and your kid. And then the amount of decisions you will be making after you do your research before they are even born. There are just so many decisions with arguments supporting each side. I have gone back and forth, but ultimately I have to make the decision at the time and then stick to it.
39 weeks and 2 days! 5 more days until my due date!

Thomas made this beautiful co-sleeper for us. Even though Adler's bedroom is so close to being finished, at least he has a place to sleep when he comes home even if it is not fully finished. He will be with us for a while anyway, but I love that this was built for him by his dad!
And with all the craziness we have been trying to cram in, Thomas' cold finally caught up to him. A little rest did him good! Good thing he is feeling better now!
39: What do you wish you had known before hand in labor/birth? If you had know this, would you do it over again? What would you do the same/different? Clearly, just the aspects you actually can control, since I know there is so much we simply can't control.

Now that Adler is full term and and able to be delivered by my midwife, any bets on when Adler will grace us with his presence? Here is the calendar we have going at work. I will add you too it!

No comments:

Post a Comment