Wednesday, October 12, 2016

40 Weeks.... Still Pregnant.

Week 40 Complete
How far along? 40 weeks and 2 days. We made it and are officially over due. Still feeling great though and mentally prepared to go over and I am not quite over it yet.
Baby is the size of: A baby. The size of a full grown newborn. :) about 7.5 pounds and 20 inches
What did the baby develop: He has officially developed everything he needs to be on the outside. However his skull is not fused together yet so that the plates of it can overlap when he is squeezing out during labor. So he may have a funny shaped head at birth because of that. He also has never seen our faces, but he will recognize Thomas and I's voices!
Gender: We will officially find out in the next week and a half!
How many: 1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Definitely. I can't hide it now. And in the last week it rounded out also.
Maternity clothes: Yes. And because it has turned cold, I now have 2 pairs of jeans that I rotate between. Thankful I wasn't pregnant in the winter too much!
Stretch marks: Not yet, but I am wondering if once I have him and my skin is relaxed, if some will show up.
Sleep: Slept the best I have in months 2 nights ago, but then work up wide awake an hour early today. Maybe I was just excited about my last day of work today!
Movement: Yes and Yes. he does love to move all over my stomach now.
Best moment this week: The annual pumpkin patch trip where we did the corn maze for the first time! It actually pushed me to have my first and only contraction.
I also loved my appointment. Even though my uterus is not a crystal ball, here are the numbers.
On Monday at the appointment I was 1 cm dilated at the front of my cervix and 2 cm dilated at the back. I was 25% effaced, but my cervix was really soft. Adler's head is also at a -1 station. Again this could mean that he could join us any time from today to 2 weeks from now. But it is great news because it means that my body is doing something and it knows what to do.
Neva, my midwife, also asked if I wanted her to sweep my membranes. I figured, I was already in there and it wouldn't start anything unless it was already happening. Basically it is just pushing the bag of waters and Adler's head away from the cervix and then stretching the cervix a little. It was a little crampy, but not really a big deal at all. Oh and she was concerned about scar tissue because of how many catheters have been inserted into my cervix because of all the IVF rounds, but there was nothing! Yay for a body that is just doing its thing!
She and I had already talked about lots of things before the exam, but after the exam she said, we are definitely having this baby in the next 2 weeks! Let the adventure begin!

You can see where his head was at on Monday at -1 station.
And you can see the 1 and 2 cm's and imagine what 25% effaced means.
Miss anything: Mainly we have just been hanging out together enjoying our last little bit of just the two of us.
Medical Help: Gentle Birth, Clary Sage Essential Oil, Immupro, Lavender Essential Oil.
Emotionally Feeling: Beautifully content. Enjoying the last little bit of me time.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: No. Although I did have breakfast burritos twice this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Stinking tooth brushing.
Symptoms/Side effects: Braxton Hicks, diastasis recti (my abs are starting to separate on the lower part of my stomach), linea nigra, pregnancy skin, gagging, not eating as much each meal, sleeping only on my left side, bathroom breaks every time I stand up, pregnancy skin, 3rd trimester tiredness, nesting, lightening, my uterus in my ribs, and I can still do everything on my own, but getting up is way easier with assistance now.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Labor. I really truly am looking forward to labor and seeing what my body is created to do and how far it can be pushed. We will see if that college basketball push through it all mentality will come back or not!
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: How different your pregnancy can be from everyone else's. Thank you for all your advice and stories, because it has helped pave the way for me not being surprised at anything thus far! Here is to all the surprises in parenting now. :)
40 weeks!
I still love how different my point of view is from all of yours.
We decided to see if this would kick start things. It didn't, but it was delish!
My first corn maze.
And our cute little pumpkin.
This is my neighbors house. It just made my heart so happy on my walk home from church on Sunday. Just simple beauty.
Our due date day photo.
And his little hand is so close!

Possibly the final question!
Tell me how you went into labor. Was it your water breaking, when your contractions got a little crazy, or you being induced?
And how many days was it after you had your membranes swept that you had your sweet one?
I want to hear all the different ways our bodies work!

No comments:

Post a Comment