Wednesday, October 19, 2016

41 Weeks... Still going strong.

Week 41 Complete
How far along? 41 weeks and 2 days
Baby is the size of: A baby who has grown an extra week.
What did the baby develop: He has put on more weight and the contractions are helping him know a rhythm to learn how to breathe. 
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep and it is quite fun to see how contorted my stomach gets.
Maternity clothes: Basically yoga pants and maternity shirts since I am no longer working.
Stretch marks: Not yet.
Sleep: Still through the night for the most part except I do wake up for about an hour each night. 
Movement: He is a little wiggle worm.
Best moment this week: My sweet friend Kristin and her 3 kiddos came over all day Saturday and we just got to hang out. It was lovely.

Oh and I finally quit work last wed! I have been waiting for that moment and it was absolutely a wonderful day. And it has been such a good time of settling in before the ride of a life time called parenting.
Miss anything: I now have had 3 appointments this week.
Monday's appt with Neva (midwife) - I was 2-3 cm dilated internal os and 2 cm dilated external os, 50% effaced, 0 station even during contractions, and even though my cervix is soft, the internal os was still pretty rigid. His little head still needs to do its job of thinning it out. Also she says that my stomach is no longer round, but sloped from my belly, so he has definitely dropped. She also swept my membranes again.

Wednesday's ultrasound - If you go to 41 weeks you have to get an ultrasound. It was a good appointment where he got a score of 8/8. He was moving, heart looked great, still had plenty of amniotic fluid, and my placenta is still going strong.

Wednesday's appt with Neva - Now dilated to 3 cm, 75% effaced, he is still at 0 station and every time she would make space for his little head, he would push his head on into that space. There is also a bulge in the bag of waters below his head which is awesome because that is helping to stretch out and thin my cervix also. She did yet another membrane sweep (basically stretching out my cervix like a muscle) and we will see where this takes us today!
Medical Help: Gentle Birth, Clary Sage, Immupro, Lavender.
Emotionally Feeling: Just fine. Knowing Adler is going to come at the perfect time. God already knows his birth date.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: None.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Beloved tooth brushing.
Symptoms/Side effects: Braxton hicks/contractions are the main thing. They are happening about every 10 minutes through out the day. Even though I don't feel them really, they are definitely burning calories and taking lots of energy!
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Seeing this sweet boy face to face.
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: That you can still be completely comfortable at 10 days overdue! I truly did not think it was possible, but here I am.
41 weeks! 9 days overdue. 
The most beautiful colors on one of my walks.
Another day, another view.
I don't have any more questions. But now we are to the point where you all can just pray that he does indeed come in God's perfect timing and that Thomas and I continue to feel completely at peace as we are right now. So thankful that this last week has been such a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mica! Not sure if you remember me, but we went to Point Loma together. I've been following your journey and I am SOOOOO EXCITED for you as you're nearing the day Adler will arrive. There's nothing like being a mom! It's the greatest blessing in the world. Prayers for you, Thomas, and Adler for a safe and healthy delivery! Can't wait to see his sweet face!

    ReplyDelete