Thursday, June 2, 2016

21 Weeks

 Week 21 Complete
How far along? 21 weeks, 2 days
Baby is the size of: Baby bok choy, brioche, baseball hat, 10.5" long, 12.7 oz
What did the baby develop: He is beginning to swallow amniotic fluid and absorb small amounts of sugar, but most nutrients still come from the placenta. Developing more nerves and his sense of touch. He has wrinkly skin to give room for filling out and getting his baby fat. He needs this fat to feed his brain and to help regulate his temperature on the outside of my womb. And he is still starting to produce meconium, the black tarry substance of his first poo. And Adler looks like a miniature person at this point!
Gender: Sweet baby boy
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. It is here to stay.
Maternity clothes: Mostly no. I have just been creative.
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Still going strong.
Movement: All day! He is kicking and flipping around for sure! The last doppler, he kicked at the monitor 3 times. Also, Thomas felt him move for the first time yesterday June 1st! His hand was on my stomach and he felt him 3 different times! The look of wonder was awesome.
Best moment this week:Telling all of you Adler's gender and name. I loved how you all were so darn excited and supportive of us!
Miss anything: I got a cold for the first time this pregnancy. It always happens when I combine travel, not enough sleep, getting really cold (like a snow storm during a wedding rehearsal, and not being consistent with using my essential oils.) But I am almost over it!
We also went camping for the first time this summer. It was so much fun even pregnant. In fact, it really didn't seem all that different then non pregnant camping.We still rode bikes, ate amazing food, and flew kites!
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, and Probiotic
Emotionally Feeling: Just grand
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Nope. Still loving fruit and especially watermelon because of all the extra liquid it gives me.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not this last week.
Symptoms/Side effects: I gagged a few times, but also had a few headaches from lack of water. Just making sure I am paying way better attention to that.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Thomas' birthday this weekend and his crazy relay race.
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: People's responses to the name you have chose. "That is such a strong name", "I love that name", "That is the perfect combination of unique and yet not weird", "I am just not sure about that name. I will have to get used to it", and finally "Will you call him AJ?"

Thomas has strictly stated that if we wanted him to be called AJ, we would have named him AJ. So there you go. That is his feeling on that. You should see his face when people ask. It is pretty darn close to pure disgust.
I am getting so much bigger for sure! I really need to take a pic not in my jeans so that you see the pure belly. Also, lets not talk about the hair in this pic. New hair dryer cause mine broke. All I can say about that.
And so is he!
Adler's first camping/trip to the beach experience. Also, Thomas has been trying to do a picture like this for ages. Don't know why I don't like them, I just don't. So here is one with our rain jackets on, so you can't really even see the bellies. :)
"Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height...." Anyone?
Question of the week: Which did you love most and why? Boppi, my brest friend, or just use a pillow? Keep in mind I have a VERY long torso, so nothing probably will get uncomfortable after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment