Thursday, June 16, 2016

23 Weeks

 Week 23 Complete
How far along? 23 weeks 3 days
Baby is the size of: A bunch of grapes or a barbie doll, although lets call him a ken doll since we know he is a boy. A bit over a foot tall and 1.25 lbs
What did the baby develop: Adler is gaining baby fat to keep warm and his lungs are still developing. He is also still transparent and a bit red because of his developing veins and arteries. His face is fully formed though! He can also hear really well now and can kick in response to things outside of the womb! Lanugo, the fur like hair he has now, generally sloughs off deeper into pregnancy as Skishy gains more of an ability to control his body temperature, with a more highly functioning nervous system, and increased accumulation of fat beneath his super-soft skin. Nearly all lanugo will be shed by three or four months after birth. And a disgusting fun fact: babies eat the lanugo that they shed while in the womb, and it builds up within them to form the substance that makes up their first poop, known as meconium. After Skishy sheds and eats his lanugo, he will develop vellus hair on the same areas that the lanugo coated previously. The vellus hair will continue to help Skishy regulate temperature as he transitions into the outside world until his beautiful adult (terminal) hair grows in.
Gender: Sweet baby boy
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. It is here to stay.
Maternity clothes: Still mostly no, simply because I don't have many yet! Getting creative with my own wardrobe, but starting to feel that everything is frumpy and ill fitting!
Stretch marks: Nope! Starting my oils regiment pretty strictly now to try and prevent them!
Sleep: Still going strong!
Movement: Non stop during the day. Not so much at night yet though.
Best moment this week: Meeting with my friend Mary who gave me tons of maternity clothes! Once I get them all washed, I will be a whole new woman with that new wardrobe! She is also going to be our doula, so it was great to just talk about what each of our perceptions of her role was going to be! Thankful we have very similar visions. I think it is going to be a great match!
Miss anything: Thomas and I were able to see my stomach move when he started his gymnastics routine in there! Thomas has been able to feel him often which is just about the neatest thing ever!
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Cal/Mag and electrolytes
Emotionally Feeling: Awesome! Life is great.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Just loving good food.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Symptoms/Side effects: Working on the water consumption, linea nigra, funny skin things are magnified, and lots of cherries make me (and Thomas) gassy!
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: The yard sale this weekend, so we can get all the stuff out of his room and start rearranging!
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: That early on, you don't want to even touch your stomach at all, but then once you start showing and don't feel sick, I finally realize why women always have their hands on their stomachs! It is just kinda to say "hi sweet boy!".

My first and only purchased maternity shirt.
Starting to show straight on too!
This beauty was outside our kitchen window!
This is in the bathroom of my midwife's office. Love the break down of where the weight comes from!
 I have had a few of you look over my registry and all of your wisdom is AWESOME! So the newest wisdom is really from my cloth diaper momma's!! Tell me all your tricks of the trade! I know everyone does it different, but I am trying to learn and other then trial by fire in 4 months, I am trying to tuck away any bits of wisdom I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment