Tuesday, June 7, 2016

22 Weeks

 Week 22 Complete
How far along? 22 weeks and 1 day, exactly 5 months today!!
Baby is the size of: Corn on the cob or a water bottle, he is about a pound and a foot long!
What did the baby develop: Skishy is sleeping 12-14 hours a day, he is trying to touch anything he can including his face, body, or umbilical cord, he is working on his physical abilities and motor skills by practicing movement, and getting a feel for things. His inner ear is also developed to the point where he has a sense of balance. And his pancreas is already busy creating its own hormones, which helps alleviate my hormonal burden. His eyes are still developing, but he doesn't have eye color yet. Adler's organs are pretty much developed and now he just has to pack on the fat! He is developing his taste buds more this week though and his nerve endings are forming so he can actually experience the sense of touch.
Gender: Sweet baby boy
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. It is here to stay.
Maternity clothes: A little, but mainly my normal clothes still.
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Doing fine other then when it is hot. But that is normal for me.
Movement: Non stop during the day except when I am really active and it is hot. But that could also be that I am not paying attention to him when I am hot. Not so much at night yet though.
Best moment this week: Thomas being able to feel him a few times. And the grin on Thomas' face every time I walk around the corner and he sees my bump.
Miss anything: It was Thomas' birthday and that day he ran a relay with 5 other people from Mt Rainier to Ruston Way. A total of 52 miles combined.
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, and Probiotic and Magnesium/Calcium
Emotionally Feeling: Awesome.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Nope.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. Back to normal other then 4 am teeth brushing. Later in the day I seem fine, but not that early in the morning.
Symptoms/Side effects: Skin stuff. The addition of skin tags, red bumps and the like that I already had are definitely becoming more pronounced. 
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Cleaning out the house so I can have a yard sale the following week and then start thinking about making his room exactly that.... His room!
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: I always knew that people touch your stomach a lot, I didn't think about people seeing you and then automatically looking at your stomach to see how much it has grown.
22 weeks complete! And most definitely showing.
It amazes me how big his little hand is!
Thomas during his birthday relay. Patiently waiting for his first leg to start.
High fived Marg and then Emily.
Waiting for his second leg. Do you see Mt Rainier in the background? The group had already run 40 miles to get to this point!
Hand off with Marg who had just ran over 2 miles in the sand and then to Emily who finished off the last leg and brought us home!
It was so fun spending a whole day of Thomas' birthday with friends even in the heat, with all of them running. Maybe it helped that I didn't actually have to run anything.

Since I already made Thomas uncomfortable talking about the My Brest Friend pillow last week, I thought I would continue on that route this week with the best breast pump. My insurance covers both the Ameda and the Medela. Thoughts on those 2? Or is there a different one that is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment