Tuesday, June 21, 2016

24 Weeks

Week 24 Complete
How far along? 24 weeks, 1 day (111 days left!)
Baby is the size of: An egg plant, a GI Joe, or a Puffin! 1.5 lbs and 13" long
What did the baby develop: Adler's lungs are producing surfactant the substance that will make them inflate/expand when he has to breathe on his own, and he is starting to develop taste buds! Time to really start on the Indian, Mexican, and all amazing flavored foods for this kid! And of course veggie overload. ;) He gained a quarter of a pound in bones, muscle, and fat and is really filling out his baby shape. His eyebrows, lashes, and hair are coming in, but still lack pigment.His ears and finger nails are complete! He can sense right side up and upside down
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many: 1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. It is here to stay.
Maternity clothes: 75%, I still have some pants and skirts I can wear for work.
Stretch marks: Nope. But with the start of my bump really growing, I have started my anti stretch mark regime.
Sleep: Still doing well. I have switched to about 99% side sleeping with a regular thick pillow between my knees and under my head. The pregnancy pillows just didn't quite work for me at this point.
Movement: He is moving lots during the day. Non stop in the evening. Not so much at night yet though.
Best moment this week: Last Friday night when I was laying on my side watching a movie with Thomas and it seriously felt like Adler was trying to bust out my right hip. He was so incredibly active and it felt like he was punching to get out. I think it was the spicy enchiladas. It's those taste buds kicking in. I was able to get a video of it which was really fun!
Miss anything: I had my monthly appointment yesterday. All is well in our little world. Adler's heart beat is strong. My blood pressure is normal. But I did find out that although you don't eat for 2, you do drink enough water for 2. So I really need to step up my water consumption game with the summer heat and how much we do outside now. And I now know all the warning signs of preterm labor.
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Calcium/Magnesium, and electrolyte supplement
Emotionally Feeling: Just dandy. Life is beautiful people.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: I have wanted a donut for some time. The problem is that if I eat it in the morning I feel yucky the rest of the day. And there is only 1 donut shop that the donuts don't make me feel terrible. So I have to be smart about it. Maybe this weekend I can have Thomas run and get me one.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sugar or lack of protein in the morning.
Symptoms/Side effects: Linea Nigrea, sensitive skin stuff, gag reflex when brushing teeth, gums bleeding easily, randomly hiccup/burping.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: The yard sale that was postponed from last weekend because of the weather. But we were able to finish our laundry shoot which is super exciting! And we are still on for the yard sale on Saturday so that we can clean out Adler's room and start dreaming. 
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: What exactly will annoy you. For me it is the word belly. I don't like it. I would prefer people to ask or talk about my bump. Don't even ask me why. It's just a thing.
24 Weeks! And in my borrowed gift of maternity clothes.
The most vibrant rainbow looking east from my front yard.
Standing in the same spot, but looking to the west. Love the beauty that God creates!
OK, I know I asked about it on FB the other day and had a few of you look over my existing registry, but what was that top item once baby comes that you could not live without? The one that you want to give to every new mom because it turned your world around? It could be for the baby or for mom. Or maybe a suggestion for one of each?

1 comment:

  1. The Ultimate Crib Sheet was the best thing ever! It is a waterproof pad that covers the entire top of the crib mattress. Blowout in the middle of the night? Just change the ultimate crib sheet, no need to change the entire crib sheets.
    https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Ultimate-Crib-Sheet/dp/B00003XAKP/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1466532539&sr=1-1&keywords=ultimate+crib+sheets

    ReplyDelete