Monday, January 25, 2016

Transfer Day Round 6.2!

Welcome to the family 3 littles! This was the closest I could get to a shot with all 3 embryos in it.

It was pitch black outside when I woke up at 3:30 am Saturday morning wide awake and raring to go. Good thing we went to bed early the night before and I had already got 8 hours of sleep! When Thomas got out of bed because he heard me in the kitchen, he laughed when he saw the clock said 4:15 and here I was baking. I had people to bake for though! Including a delicious frittata and pumpkin donuts for Thomas and I.

Fast forward to 11:15 am when we left for our appointment and it was raining. Like rain boots and raincoats kind of raining. And not the only time it was raining cats and dogs on our transfer day.

During my acupuncture appointment earlier that morning, my gal did her thing and then commented that everything was clear and ready to go! Honestly, it is nice to know that my body had a little help relaxing enough to get to the optimal point for those little embryos to attach. 

So after we headed there, it was wait, wait, wait, WHIRLWIND, wait, wait, wait, bedrest.
After we got to the office and they took us to the back room and got us all dressed up/undressed for the procedure, we just hung out in the room while Charlene got everything ready around us.
Waiting game!
When Dr Murrain came in, he said he was going to go back and talk to Jeff about where the embryos were at. They both came back in and Jeff gave us an update with urgency! He basically said that all 3 were thawed, but that 1 was literately bursting at the seems and they wanted to get the little embryo inside of me before it attached itself to the petri dish and he couldn't get it off! Hence, the whirlwind.
Where our 3 little embryos lived for the past almost 7 years! 
So he went back to load up the 3 embryos into the catheter, and they prepared my body to receive the little buddies. They inserted them and waited the customary 1 minute to allow them time to float away from the catheter. They then extracted it and Jeff went back to the microscope to make sure they hadn't clung to the catheter, but did indeed transfer. All clear! YAY!!!!
When the littles were transferred.
After they clean everything up, I get to lay there for an hour before they allow us to go home.  During that time, Jeff always comes in and explains everything about the embryos and answers any questions. 

Here is what we found out.

Embryo #1 - This embryo was re-expanding quickly and because it had no zona around it when it was frozen, it had no protection, but that didn't matter. There was no degeneration from the freezing process. It was perfectly in tact and a big ball of hollowed out cells that is expanding quickly.

Embryo #2 - This embryo did have a zona, but also did not have any cell degeneration in the freezing process. When Jeff went to help hatch it, it started re-expanding right away.

Embryo #3 - This embryo also did not have a zona and the cells were also not degenerated at all. However, in the time that Jeff had thawed them out, he still did not see any signs of re-expansion. But that does not mean it still couldn't re-expand.

Before Jeff left, he reminded us that we have now done everything in our power to get us pregnant. We cannot control whether or not these embryos attach, nor can we control if these embryos are genetically competent. Both beautiful reminders that ultimately this is up to God and God alone.

All beautifully thawed with 2 of them already re-expanding was great news! They will have started re-expanding with in 3 hours of being thawed and at this point (48 hours later), because they were actually day 6 embryos, they will have already attached or attach in the next 24 hours. So basically by noon tomorrow I will either be pregnant or not! 

With that knowledge that 2 were re-expanding and the 3rd still could be, I decided to literally not do anything when we got home! Which included blogging of course. So I literally laid on the couch and red until it was time for bed. Then I slept for 10 hours, red some more, took a 2 hour nap, red more, watched a movie with Thomas, slept another 10 hours, red even more and here I am! 48 hours later and 5 books down.
These were the beautiful flowers Thomas got me.
These were the 3 little onesies I got and the 1 sleeper that will be shared among all 3 of them. Thomas demonstrating how he will hold all 3 of them differently. Apparently I think they are all girls according to my shopping this round.
These are just the shots I had to be given to get to the transfer day. 
Only a day and a half of bedrest left! 
And then we all wait for the count down of the pregnancy test!

Thanks for all your prayers you all. We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment