Wednesday, August 31, 2016

34 Weeks

 Week 34 Complete
How far along? 34 Weeks 2 days. Oh my word you guys. We made it. If I were to go into labor now, I would not have to have a steroid shot to strengthen Adler's lungs. WE MADE IT! Next major milestone.... 36 weeks. And then he is welcome to join us on the outside at any time.
Baby is the size of: A savoy cabbage and weighs about 5 lbs and is about 18 inches long.
What did the baby develop: His lungs, brain, and central nervous system keep rapidly developing, and all, but his lungs have reached their final stage of development on the inside. He is using my immune system to help build his own. The vernix (slippery white coating) that will help Skishy move through the birth canal, is covering his body as he gets closer to delivery day. He is also peeing up to a pint a day, and preparing that tarry meconium for his first poop.
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. It is here to stay.
Maternity clothes: Everything I wear now either was originally maternity, or is now maternity because I have stretched it out.
Stretch marks: Nope.
Sleep: I have still been sleeping pretty well, but I figured out that I have to start out on the couch because my legs are a little restless and I don't want to wake Thomas. As soon as I wake up the first time though I head back into bed and can finish out the night there. Funny little pregnancy things. :) Oh and I pretty much only sleep on my left side now.
Movement: When ever I am not up and about a ton. He moves the most through out my work day, when my abdomen gets crunched and my ribs hit him, when I lay down to go to bed at night, and when I drink cold or eat spicy things.
Best moment this week: My sweet WA baby shower. Let's not talk about how/why I was 20 minutes late. And getting so much done in the basement with my dad's help.We seriously have the best village!
Miss anything: The Gyft clinic (where we did all our IVF/FET rounds) closed this week. There are so many emotions that go with that! The Gyft clinic has been by our side through our entire getting pregnant process that it is weird for that chapter to be closed. Seriously so sad! What do we do if we need them again?!
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Calcium/Magnesium, and electrolyte supplement
Emotionally Feeling: So blessed by all the love!
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Nope.
Anything making you queasy or sick:Teeth brushing still equals gagging.
Symptoms/Side effects: Linea nigrea, going to the bathroom more often, but not constipated any more, eating smaller meals, braxton hicks, my little gum thing, mid back aches, needing more naps, smells, nesting. Crazy nesting urges.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Laura visiting this week and a extra day off on Monday to get things done around the house!
Things they don't fully tell you about pregnancy: I have always heard about the nesting urge, but seriously.... No one can describe it. I just want my house to be organized and in order!! It is a legit urge especially the closer you get to your due date.And indescribable.
34 Weeks! Sometimes I cannot believe this has happened/is happening!!
Had the sweetest Adventure themed baby shower here in WA.
All of the beautiful people that loved on us.
And of course our yearly apple picking, tree climbing, cider squeezing adventure. 40 gallons of apples later....
And naturally we want this press now! 3 gallons in about 15 minutes. Can't wait to try the cider post pregnancy!
OK, has anyone used a postpartum girdle? Can you tell me how it worked for you? And which one did you use? I have heard great things about them and want to know your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment