Wednesday, April 6, 2016

13 Weeks

 Week 13 Complete
How far along? 13 weeks 2 days.
Baby is the size of: Matchbox car, clown fish, the length of a pea pod. About 3 inches long.
What did the baby develop: Bones are growing, nose and lips are completely formed, wee one is starting to practice both breathing and peeing, intestines are going into their permanent home inside the wee one's body, vocal cords are developing, there are little finger prints there now! Also, covering squishy's skin is a fine, soft hair called lanugo.
Gender: Unknown to us. If its a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries.
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Some days I feel yes, and other days I just feel bloated, then days like today I don't think I am showing at all!
Maternity clothes: Nope.
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Still sleeping well and only took 1 nap at work this week to have my boss laugh at me.
Movement: Not that I can feel yet!
Best moment this week: The first day I didn't have to get the progesterone shot!
Miss anything: I got to walk and really exercise a few days this week! Love starting to feel strong again!
Medical Help: Weened down to every other day shot and estrogen tablet for the remainder of this week then DONE!
Emotionally Feeling: Totally fine.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Not really. Still loving the fruit.
Anything making you queasy or sick: People cooking things at work in the microwaves in the morning and at lunch. Brutal.
Symptoms/Side effects: Sadly lost my breakfast at work for the first time this last week. And I have been gagging more, but the standing on 1 foot while brushing my teeth has really helped! Oh and I do a plie when rinsing after I brush. That helps a ton! Being that it is only the second time I have thrown up this pregnancy, I am counting my blessings so far.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Getting out in the sunshine more! It is supposed to be a beautiful week and I am looking forward to walking all over Tacoma as this wee one continues to grow!
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: The weird phase between having a flat stomach, feeling bloated, and feeling pregnant, but going back and forth between them all for WEEKS! Also colostrum starts to form at this point.





I had my first official Midwife appointment this week. From here on out I will only have appointments once a month and because last week was my last Gyft Clinic appointment, no more ultrasounds! I will say that it was fun to use the doppler and the stomach ultrasound. Come to find out, this wee one is hanging out on the right side behind my pelvis, making the ultrasound on the stomach and the doppler very hard to hear the heart beat! But we heard it. And it was so sweet. She also assigned me additional vitamins to take, but said I could ween onto them while I ween off of my estrogen so I am not taking a million and a half pills.

Oh and I had to go get my blood drawn for Hep B, gestational diabetes, vitamin D, Rh sensitized, among a few other things I am sure. I hadn't had my blood drawn since my pregnancy test. I feel like 2 months of no blood work in this journey has been huge! Thankful for where I am at now.

Also, I went to my acupuncturist this last week. She has told me what her guess is for gender, because apparently it made it's self apparent for the first time this last week through my pulse. So I am officially taking guesses. I am keeping track. So I want to know....

Who you are
What gender you think
Why you think (even if just gut feeling)

Because it is fun. :) And yes it will be published in a post one of these days, so choose wisely!!!
Have a great week you all!

1 comment:

  1. Daniell and Zeke say little lady Kucera! Why? Because... Arranged marriage! Need I say more?! ��

    ReplyDelete