Tuesday, March 29, 2016

12 Weeks

 Week 12 Complete
How far along? 12 Weeks 1 Day
Baby is the size of: An apricot or toy soldier. 56.93 mm
What did the baby develop: The wee one is practicing breathing amniotic fluid (consisting of water, skin cells, and waste), kidneys are functioning and system is build up for the first poop, controlling command over the wee ones reflexes, learning to curl fingers and toes, and the wee ones chin lifts off the chest now.
Gender: Unknown to us.
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. 2 people pointed it out to me on Easter Sunday.
Maternity clothes: Nope, but when do you know to transition?
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Still sleeping well. More active, so not having the time to nap as much.
Movement: Like crazy on the ultrasound, but I can't feel it yet. Squishy was moving so much during the ultrasound, Thomas put his hand on my stomach to see if he could feel. Even I can't feel it yet though. 
Best moment this week: Reaching the first trimester mark on Easter Sunday. I have officially entered into my second trimester and the miscarriage rate dropped below double digits.
Miss anything: Not getting shots!
Medical Help: Still daily progesterone shots, but now only have to do 2 mg of estrodial! Yay!!! Only 2 more weeks and I am done completely!
Emotionally Feeling: Good! Although so ready to be done with the meds.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Nope. Still avoiding sweets, although had a wee bit of cake on Easter and it didn't take me out like it would have weeks before.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sweets and brushing my teeth make me gag and dry heave. Definitely have to eat breakfast after I brush my teeth!
Symptoms/Side effects: Slight headaches, linea nigra, going to the bathroom a lot, but not actually going all that much.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to:  Hopefully it is true and second trimester is WAY better and I won't feel as yucky. Although I know I have felt pretty good in comparison to most!
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: I don't know if it is just me, but it has been uncomfortable to rest my hands or really any weight on my stomach for some time. Which I think is interesting because I feel like all pregnant ladies always have their hands resting on their stomach. Maybe it is just me though.

On the bottom ultrasound pic you can see the bright line of the little spine and you can see legs! 
I know the sweater isn't helping see the baby bump, but it is officially here!
Little Squishy is officially measuring at 56.93 mm which is 12 weeks and 2 days. The gestational sack is measuring at 62.02 mm which is 12 weeks and 3 days giving plenty of room to move around in! Little heart beat is going at 170.45 beats per minute and the blood clot is almost gone, measuring at 14.59 mm at the longest. He really had to search to find it!

So this is our last appointment with Dr Murrain at the Gyft Clinic. We have officially "graduated" to an OB/Midwife. Although it is definitely sad to leave all of our favorite people behind, it is definitely not sad, because we are now "normal" pregnant people who get to do everything the same as most people! I can say how incredible it has been to see so much so early on though. This also means, no more weekly ultrasound pictures. Mostly likely we will only get the 20 week ultrasound and then pictures of a wee one at 40 weeks. So you get to just see my little bump grow for the next 28 weeks instead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment