Tuesday, March 1, 2016

8 Weeks

 Week 8 Complete
How far along? 8 Weeks and 1 Day
Baby is the size of: A pygmy sea horse, a wild strawberry, or a lego (the ones w/4 little dots on top). Actually is 19.72 mm long
What did the baby develop: Teenie tiny organs that are almost ready to be used on their own, little fingers and toes, and facial features including squishy's eye color!
Gender: Squishy is already developing genitals this week, but we don't know what they are yet!
How many: Officially 1 little.
Showing a bump: Nope
Maternity clothes: Nope
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: At night mostly yes. Also napping daily!
Movement: Yes squishy started moving this week, but we can't quite see it on the ultrasound until next week and I definitely cannot feel it yet. 
Best moment this week: Passing the day where I miscarried last pregnancy! Yay!!!
Miss anything: I am glad I don't like sweets right now, but I kinda miss them.
Medical Help: Still on daily progesterone shots and estrogen pills 4 times a day. Every 6 hours!
Emotionally Feeling: Good. Just pretty normal.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Not so much. Definitely having aversions though. Nothing in particular, but I cannot do some smells! And I still love fruit and salads. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not so much queasy or sick, just gives me a headache with a general not feeling amazing. Water first thing in the morning. Anything sweet. And I have to eat a bit of protein first thing in the morning or I don't feel well the rest of the day.
Symptoms/Side effects: I am no longer loosing any hair at all and I have started to hiccup/burp. Basically I have air that has to come out after I eat. I don't know how else to describe it. 
Wedding ring off or on: On and still loose
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Although I have been cooped up in the house for 2 weeks, so thrilled when I get to go outside :)
Looking forward to: Being able to do real life again, but I will definitely miss the ability to take morning naps.

You can see the head on top with little arm buds and then 1 leg and the cord in this picture. You can also see the amniotic sack really well within the gestational sack.
Weekly non bump.
The books I was able to plow through on 2 weeks of bedrest.
This little squishy is measuring at 19.72 mm which is 8 weeks 4 days. The gestational sac is 28.58 mm with the largest blood clot measuring at 26mm. So our little squishy just keeps growing and the blood is shrinking! Or at least breaking up into smaller pockets because this baby is pushing it out of the way! Yay!

We got to hear the heart beat too! Thomas says it sounds like a train. Oh and he also said squishy looks like it has a storm trooper helmet on. So proud. :)

Dr Murrain mostly lifted my restrictions. I now have no stair restrictions, no walking restrictions, but I still cannot lift anything over 20 lbs, cannot do repetitive squatting, and need to continue pelvic rest. But almost cleared!

Next time we get to see the little one move! Yay!

And for you Tacoma peeps. Who did you use as an OB or midwife? And did you have a home birth, birthing inn birth, or hospital birth? Now I get the joy of choosing who and where! Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment