Tuesday, March 15, 2016

10 Weeks

Week 10 Complete
How far along? 10 Weeks, 1 Day
Baby is the size of: A lego man!!! Or 35.41 mm
What did the baby develop: Beginning to develop teeth, peach fuzz, elbows and other joints. f it's a boy, he is now producing testosterone. And squishy's digestive system is functional and transporting food matter to the little bowels!
Gender: Unknown to us.
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Not yet. I just look like I had a big meal.
Maternity clothes: Nope, but I have stopped wearing a few pairs of pants that are too uncomfortable on my stomach.
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Still sleeping well at night and I may or may not take a 15-30 minute nap during my lunch break most days.
Movement: I don't feel it, but wow I could see it like crazy on the ultrasound!
Best moment this week: Hitting double digits in weeks! 1/4th of the way through enjoying this pregnancy!
Miss anything: Being able to eat anything I want. But it is getting better!
Medical Help: Still on the progesterone daily and the estrogen 4 times a day. 6 more weeks and I am done!
Emotionally Feeling: Good. Even feeling more energetic which lifts my mood too!
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Not really this week. Want to get back to eating more veggies again though.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of TONS of things. And taking my pills with room temperature water. The one thing that made me throw up so far this pregnancy. Bad idea! 
Symptoms/Side effects: I know have a constant tickle in my throat. Might be the start of constant post nasal drip. I hiccup/burp often. Not being able to eat normal size meals. I still eat snacks constantly, but not my meals have to be smaller too or it makes me feel yucky.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but tired
Looking forward to: Meeting with the midwife next week to see if she will be our person.
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: How all consuming the first trimester tiredness is. No one can prep you for that!

This little lego man in the palm of Thomas' hand, has been in our kitchen as a joke for years. And now this is the actual size of our little dancing squishy.
Squishy had their hands up and was dancing for us!
I love this ultrasound picture because you can so clearly see the 2 hemispheres of the little brain! And yes Thomas said it looked like an alien. We all see it people.
I may have been slouching a little bit. Thomas and I struggle with this whole weekly photo thing. One day we will get it.
If you make this picture the size of your smart phone you can see how big my wee one's hand is at this moment. Once of the favorite features of an app a sweet friend introduced me too.
The appointment today was just sweet. The size was just perfect, measuring at 10 weeks and 3 days. The sac was also measuring at 41.62 mm and the yolk sac was still symmetrical and the amniotic sac was slowly joining the gestational sac which is perfectly what it is supposed to do.

Our wee one was doing a little over the head arm dance for us. You guys, it still so totally blows my mind to watch this little squishy move, knowing it is inside of me, but not feeling it. Seriously mind blowing. The heart beat was perfect at 178.57 and the movement is perfect because again, a baby that is not doing well is not going to move like that.

As for the blood clot, it is down to only 15.03 mm that we can see in a continuous measurement. It is definitely going away!

We now at 10 weeks have the choice of doing blood work on me to see if there are different genetic abnormalities that can be found in the DNA of squishy. That is a conversation Thomas and I get to have, but I am still amazed that it is even an option. Modern medicine is truly astounding.

Over all we are doing well here in the Kucera household. I have found that my protein intake is mandatory in the morning in order for me to have a good day. If not, I get headaches which I also get if I eat sweets (or sometimes even smell them). But with the exception of throwing up the one time from taking my pills, I have been relatively nauseous and throwing up free. All in all, a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment