Wednesday, April 13, 2016

14 Weeks

 Week 14 Complete
How far along? 14 weeks and 1 day
Baby is the size of: A beet or a , about 3.5 inches long and has doubled in weight since last week.
What did the baby develop: Hair, the skin is see through to see the blood vessels, immune system is kicking in with the white blood cells being produced, the ability to squint and frown, squishy's liver, kidney's, and spleen are continuing to develop,
Gender: Unknown to us.
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: I see one, but I also see a stomach with a full meal in it.
Maternity clothes: No, but out of my clothes that are tight on my stomach.
Stretch marks: Not yet.
Sleep: I realized that if I nap now, I don't sleep well at night. And my Progessence Plus and lavender lotion I put on my stomach makes me sleep really well at night!
Movement: Not that I can feel yet.
Best moment this week: I got to stop all meds! Now for upping the supplements suggested to me.
Miss anything: I kinda miss my weekly doctors appointments where I got to see squishy move! I don't miss the weekly commitments though.
Medical Help: No meds, but yes taking supplements.
Emotionally Feeling: Still feeling pretty darn good.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Fruit and avoiding sweets.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I discovered this last week that when I don't get enough sleep, I feel yucky all day long.
Symptoms/Side effects: Still have a strong gag reflex in the morning, random pains in the hips, linea nigria, thick hair and not losing much hair.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: A
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: They don't tell you that the move from regular people clothes to maternity clothes doesn't just happen! There is the move from your regular clothes, to only your regular stretchy clothes. And then I am assuming it is what come next, but then you go from the stretchy clothes to maternity clothes? Am I missing something here? And then there is the belly band, the maternity pants with a 2 inch waist and the maternity pants that fully go over your belly. And how do I know what size maternity clothes to by? I mean, I want them to fit, but I also want to grow into them! Gah! SO MANY CHOICES. Clearly I am really struggling with this.

Any of you tall people have favorite places to buy maternity clothes?

First of all, I think this is the cutest thing ever. The estimation of the size of squishy's hand.
One of these days I will pop!

I had a dentist appointment yesterday. Did you know that your insurance usually covers for you to get cleanings every 3 months during pregnancy? One of the reasons is because your gum tissue is often more swollen and likely to bleed because of all  the extra hormones in your body. Another reason is because you might not be able to brush as well because of throwing up or gagging, and your heart burn could be adding more stomach acid to your mouth. Things I didn't know pre pregnancy.

And I finally found a friend that is due only 4 days before me! I finally have a birth month buddy!

By the way, after last weeks survey the results are:
Girl team - 16
Boy team - 14

Almost 50% across the board!

No comments:

Post a Comment