Wednesday, April 27, 2016

16 Weeks

Week 16 Complete
How far along? 16 weeks and 2 days.
Baby is the size of: The size of a pickle or an action figure, 4 ½ inches long and weighing 4 ounces
What did the baby develop: The ears that have been moving to the sides of the head (where they belong) over the last few weeks are developed enough that Squishy can probably hear all the sounds that you do. And even though Squishy's eyelids are still sealed, they have matured and developed enough that can detect light through your belly. I might feel the kick or “quickening” for the first time soon. And it was so fun hearing what you all thought it felt like!
Gender: Unknown to us.
How many: 1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Just barely! Although some moments I don't feel like I am still.
Maternity clothes: Not yet. I went shopping for some though, but still don't need them.
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Like a log. I think I need a new pillow when I start sleeping on my side full time though.
Movement: Still haven't felt it although I should any time now!
Best moment this week: My appointment today to hear the heartbeat! Followed closely by my in-law's coming this weekend and the lovely baby shower for my sweet friend Danielle and her little guy Zeke!
Miss anything: Dairy :(  I got so used to it the last month. Body says no again.
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, and Probiotic
Emotionally Feeling: Great!
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Nope. Anti sugar though. I had a little bit and still makes me feel yucky.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sugar. And gagging in the morning. And waiting too long to eat, that made me feel bad a whole day this last weekend.
Symptoms/Side effects: I can definitely feel the results of the relaxin in my knees a lot more lately. And the stretching in my abdomen of my ligaments.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Maybe feeling movement this week.
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: That your body can change back just as quickly as it changed in the first place. For example. I was lactose intolerant before pregnancy. I found out in pregnancy that I could eat dairy. And then this weekend that changed. And now I can't any more. I am going to say that Squishy's bones are formed and doesn't need the extra calcium now. And I blame it on the ice cream on sat night combined with the lobster ravioli in cream sauce. Good thing I went out with a bang eating the most delicious food!

16 week baby bump.

On another note, we had our now monthly visit with our midwife. I seriously just love her! We get to chatting and it is just wonderful. Anyway,  all is going well and on track. Baby's heart beat is strong between 150 and 160 beats per minute and just swimming away in there! My uterus has grown and drops off right about where my belly button is. We talked about the C. diff scare at work and what I would need to do if it affected me. And then we talked through maybe adding in a baby asprin because of studies about baby asprin helping out with being at risk for preeclampsia. The only reason I am a higher risk for preeclampsia is because we used IVF. But we will watch that carefully and when I go to the maternal fetal medicine doctor for the ultrasound at the end of the month we will chat through some things with them too. And she was thrilled that I had gained back the 4 lbs I had lost in the first trimester from my bed rest days. Back on track!

All good things! So my question this week is about names. We would love to hear your favorite super unique names (without being objects like Apple) with beautiful meanings. Ready go.

No comments:

Post a Comment