Friday, February 5, 2016

Increasing Beta

I went in to get my blood drawn yesterday and after we all did a little happy dance together, Mary my nurse took my blood.

It is really fun how much they all are celebrating with us. It just makes me feel so loved.

She said that my number on Tuesday was really strong which was great.
Also she said one of the reasons they do the ultrasound so early is to make sure that they little ones are in my uterus, not in my fallopian tubes or some other place they aren't supposed to be.
And she said that she wanted my number to increase by 50-60%.

I finally got the call and my beta or HCG level for my second day was...
542!
So more then doubled!

My next appointment is Saturday morning, so hopefully it will have doubled again by then!

Now that we got that out of the way, there has been lots of processing going on. 
It is amazingly weird place to be right now. This is some thing we have wanted for so long, and yet there really isn't anything tangible about it. I am pregnant, and yet I don't feel much. A few twinges here and there, but also I am not tired or sick yet. Again, weird place to be.

On the other hand, it is a beautiful thing to watch how thrilled Thomas is. I may still be processing, but he is full force ahead on the happy train. I love it.

Still so much more to process, but I am choosing joy every single day. I am not letting the thought of my last miscarriage taint this pregnancy. I am choosing joy and enjoying every day because this may be my only pregnancy! Maybe not, but maybe. And if that is the case, I want to enjoy every second of it!

Will keep you posted about Saturday's numbers though!


No comments:

Post a Comment