Wednesday, February 17, 2016

6 Weeks

 Week 6
How far along? 6 weeks 2 days
Babies are the size of: A ladybug or a chocolate chip! Measured at 5.61mm
What did the babies develop: Started developing the little brain, and some of the organs, but the big thing is mainly the little heart! 
Gender: Don't know yet
How many: Still only 1.
Showing a bump: No
Maternity clothes: No
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Still sleeping well! Also adding in an hour or 2 nap daily. Totally out of the norm for me.
Movement: Not other then their little heart beat.
Best moment this week: Seeing the little heart beat twice!
Miss anything: Freedom
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Still just fruits and vegetables. Although ice cream sounds relish right now.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! Although the car rides home done make me feel amazing.
Symptoms/Side effects: If I don't eat on the hour every hour I get a headache, body is a little sore, hands, feet, and head have way less circulation because it is all going to my belly! Still not have traditional morning sickness, but the headaches, the tired, and the not feeling 100% in the afternoons are all symptoms of morning sickness. So yes my friends. It also hit me in the 6th week. Just not the nausea. :)
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Being cleared off of bed rest.

You can see little squishy in the darker gestational sack to the left.
Since I don't yet have a baby bump, lets call that little hiccup the extremely large meals I ate over the weekend.

OK, now for the story of last week. It all started when at about 10 on Wednesday I realized that I had started spotting. I wasn't super worried because it was dark brown, it wasn't that much, and that happens in pregnancy all the time! 25% of pregnancies that are known. Well, I called the Gyft clinic and they freaked out a little telling me to go home and take it easy. Thomas also freaked out, so we left work early and headed home.

I was on modified bed rest until my appointment on Friday at 12:30. Thomas and I had already planned to go away for the weekend on a surprise getaway that Thomas had been planning for 4 months. So after talking we decided that we would just hang out in the cabin and play games and it wouldn't change my bed rest. So after seeing the ultrasound on Friday where I got to see the little heart beat for the first time, we also saw that there was some blood in my uterus also, but it was completely clotted and heading out of the cervix, which is why I had seen some spotting.

Dr Murrain gave me some modified activity, but overall I could still walk around and be fine. So we went away and I went to work Monday and Tuesday. At our appointment yesterday, we again saw the little ones heart beat and it was over 140 beats per minute and the little guy was measuring at 6 weeks and 2 days. So still growing strong! But... the dreaded but.... there was still some bleeding and this time it was fresh, so we are upping your restrictions. But... again :) this time is it good news! The embryo is on one side of the uterus and the blood is not touching the gestational sack and is closer to the cervix. Which is great!

So basically I am on low activity, but Thomas and I have self proclaimed that I am on bed rest. And basically it is bed rest for 2 weeks after there is no sign of bleeding. So really it is probably a minimum of 3 weeks if I can get the bleeding to stop and go away by next Tuesday's appointment.

We are so thankful that this has not affected our little squishy, but we definitely still want it to go away. Mainly I want it to go away because the thought of 2-3 weeks of bed rest, let alone 7.5 more months of bed rest makes me want to go crazy. Literally. So prayers and suggestions for how to pass my time. Or come visit me. Any of the above.

But really we are doing great and in great spirits. And we have the best people here in Tacoma who put together a meal train so that Thomas doesn't have to take care of me, the house, work, and cook. Seriously, God has given us the best village! I love you people.

No comments:

Post a Comment