Tuesday, July 26, 2016

29 Weeks

 Week 29 Complete
How far along? 29 Weeks 1 Day
Baby is the size of: A hawaiian pineapple, a barbie convertible, new england cottontail rabbit at 16 inches tall and 3 pounds!
What did the baby develop: He is packing on the fat and his muscles and lungs are still maturing.
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. And you can't deny I am pregnant now. I am in the stage where you don't have to question if I am pregnant or not. 
Maternity clothes: 90%, I still have some skirts I can wear for work.
Stretch marks: Nope! Putting my regiment on to hopefully keep my skin pliable and stretch mark free!
Sleep: Until last night, I would have said still good! But it was so hot that I didn't sleep well. Hopefully tonight will be better, but overall I am still doing well.
Movement: Non stop during the day. Not so much at night to wake me up though. It is so much fun to chat with him and include him in our daily lives already!
Best moment this week: Starting the work to finish our basement so that I can start on his room! Thomas and I seriously have been giggling all week. It is so much fun to just enjoy this time just the two of us preparing for him!
Miss anything: I forgot to tell you about seeing the dentist to get my teeth cleaned last week. My dental hygentist and I are 4 days apart. So it is so fun to catch up with her every 3 months and walk this road with her!
Also, pregnancy does weird things to your gums. Because my blood volume has doubled being in the 3rd trimester, my gums bleed way more. And the dental hygentist found what is the start of a pregnancy tumor on my gums. That sounds horrible, but basically it is inflamed tissue. It is not cancerous and will go away after pregnancy stops. And there is nothing I can keep doing other then brushing and flossing. Not a big deal, but I had never heard of it before pregnancy! Our bodies are weird while pregnant. :)
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Calcium/Magnesium, and electrolyte supplement
Emotionally Feeling: Exited to meet this little boy! 
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Any type of melon! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Eating too much and then bending to get anything is not so comfortable. 
Symptoms/Side effects: My newest symptoms are both acid reflux, although it feels more like food just backing up my throat and not so much the burning. I have had to eat smaller meals because there just isn't as much room! Although I just read that it could be because of the hormones that my body is producing to get ready for labor and birth. Also the way the birth class teacher described braxton hicks, I realized I have been having them for months! And I am definitely having some difficulty getting off certain low seats. Still have the line nigra, frequent bathroom breaks, but less leg cramps and headaches this week for sure!
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Going to camping with friends this weekend and just relaxing after the week of working on finishing the basement!
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: That I feel like my normal self so much that I forget I am pregnant at times. But then I can't fit in the same places or rolling to get out of bed isn't quite the same. But overall I am still able to do everything completely normally!

It is legit!
I haven't posted a hand pic in a while! Can you believe how big he is getting?!
Full on basement construction this week! I will post a separate post showing the progress!
We also decided that since we are on vacation, we are going to go out to dinner every night this week at a new place in Tacoma that we have never been too. I will do a separate post on those places as well!
After dinner tonight we ran to the store and Thomas was so excited to find this MASSIVE can of Fosters. He just had to have it. 
So question of the week... Tell me about your moment right after birth. The first look at your babe, the sigh of relief that the labor was done, the birthing the placenta, the simple joy of what you just accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment