Thursday, July 21, 2016

28 Weeks

Week 28 Complete
How far along? 28 weeks and 3 day
Baby is the size of: A coconut, 16 inches and 2.5 pounds
What did the baby develop: Adler's adrenal glands are now secreting androgen. Skishy’s wrinkles are starting to disappear as he packs on an increasing amount of fat, which will aid him in regulating his body temperature. Something he needs to survive on the outside. He is also dreaming, coughing, and practicing breathing.
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. It is here to stay.
Maternity clothes: 75%, I still have some non pregnancy pants and skirts I can wear for work.
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Still doing fine unless my room gets a little too toasty.
Movement: Non stop during the day. Not so much at night yet though.
Best moment this week: Finally finding out the results of my gestational diabetes test on Thursday. Definitely not diabetic. The normal range is between 70-130 mg/dL and I was at 105. Oh and I am not anemic either. Hooray!
Miss anything: My dad came up to visit this week last minute. Life has been crazy busy, but the stolen moments together have still been good.
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Calcium/Magnesium, and electrolyte supplement
Emotionally Feeling: Perfect about Adler, a little stressed with too many things going on. Looking forward to our week vacation.
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Watermelon 100% of the time. Beloved hydrating watermelon.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Other then the glucose test when I wasn't downing water? Nope.
Symptoms/Side effects: A sore mid back from the extra weight from my bump, linea nigra, constant visits to the restroom, headaches when I don't stay hydrated, calf and foot cramps.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Our week of vacation next week to finish the basement!
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: That no matter what, people make funny comments. And, people cannot describe to you how those comments will affect you. I have discovered that I feel the need to defend how small my bump is at this time with a statement about how long my torso is. And can I tell you that it is super awkward when people tell me they were how big I am at 6 months when they were only 3 months? I defend and say, we are all so different. I have been very careful what I say to pregnant people, but I can guarantee that I will only ever tell people they look beautiful or cute from here on out!

28 Weeks!
Thomas has been grilling up a storm! And there is the framing for our garage concrete behind us.
And a spread for a friends baby shower. Beautiful when 4 people contribute. Love friends!
Question of the week: We have been loving our birth classes because we have learned things about Thomas and I am how we are going to be during labor. Creating level expectations is huge for me to having the best in any event including labor. So... along those lines, what are the things that you guys used that helped in labor? Photos to focus on, music that you adored, counting through the contractions, etc. I would love to hear all of your ideas of what helped you the most so that maybe I can steal some! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment