Thursday, July 14, 2016

27 Weeks

 Week 27 Complete
How far along? 27 weeks, 3 days
Baby is the size of: A bunch of bananas, about 15" and weighs over 2 pounds.
What did the baby develop: Mainly all his growth and progression is in his brain because his organ's are all pretty much developed. His brain is starting to control his lungs and regulate his body temperature. He is sleeping and waking in intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and he recognizes our voices! My amniotic volume is also cut in half so we will see his movements more! He also apparently hiccups, but I haven't figured out when exactly that is yet.
Gender: Sweet baby boy, Adler James
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: Yep. It is here to stay.
Maternity clothes: 75%, I still have some pants and skirts I can wear for work.
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Yep. Definitely starting to get tired more again. It is amazing how different each trimester is and how almost immediately to the day, things kick in. I slept almost 12 hours on Sunday night.
Movement: Non stop during the day. Not so much at night yet though.
Best moment this week: Finally popping. Literally from last week to this week, I feel like I really popped. Adler wants to make his presence know in the world apparently.
Miss anything: I had my monthly appointment on Monday after my Gestational Diabetes test in the morning. All is well in our little world. My stomach is measuring at 27 cm which is right on track with me being at 27 weeks. First time she measured my stomach. Also, his heart beat is strong and my blood pressure and pulse are perfect.
And I got my rhogam shot. Lets talk about that, because most people don't know what that is. If your blood type is negative, then if you do not get the shot and have a baby, your body will produce antibodies if your baby has a positive blood type and it can stop you from ever carrying a baby to term again. You get the shot once before 28 weeks and then if he has a positive blood type that will be tested after he is born from cord blood, then I will get it again.
And I also had the warning signs for preeclampsia conversation with Neva my midwife. Looking for vision disturbances along with a headache and excess bloating.
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Calcium/Magnesium, and electrolyte supplement
Emotionally Feeling: Great, although so busy!
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Watermelon!!! I seriously go to sleep thinking about it and wake up thinking about it. I have been drinking so much water, but even then I still feel dehydrated. So watermelon does the trick for me. I may or may not have eaten a entire half of a watermelon the other day. A full size one, not a personal size one. Good thing it is all liquid and increasing my water intake drastically!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sugar in the morning.
Symptoms/Side effects: Smells are so strong again ( I think I am going to have a no perfume in my house rule after he is born), minor back aches if I sit funny, headaches from not being able to get enough water in, linea nigra, calf cramps, and I am a little more tired then normal again. I am also a bit hungrier then normal.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Hosting a friend's baby shower this weekend.
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: That you can be 6 months pregnant and hide your stomach with jeans and a hoodie. No joke, I did that accidentally on Monday.

And lets talk about the gestational diabetes test.I have heard so many bad things about it, that honestly it freaked me out because I don't do sugar in the morning well. I also don't like processed foods with crap in them and so there is that. My midwife suggested the lemon lime because it does not have any of the food dyes in it. That first sip was a surprise. Not terrible. I can do this. Half way through the drink, I was watching my 5 minutes tick by. Well I downed it in my allotted 5 minutes and the gal told me my time to come back 1 hour later.

I had forgotten my water, so I literally sat by the drinking fountain and took sips every few minutes. I did get a little headache from it, but the water helped tremendously. I went back at 9:38 to get my blood drawn. I then went to the car and downed my hard boiled egg and nuts to get protein back in my body. Overall, I felt ok the rest of the day. I am so thankful that I had talked about it so much because if I had not been over prepared, I know that the amount of sugar that early in the morning would have wrecked me for the rest of the day! But all is well.
27 weeks along

Took the test. Still don't know the results. Hopefully soon! Although the assumption is it was negative or I would have received a phone call.
Breaking ground on the garage! Thomas is seriously so excited about it.
It was a big Monday! Along with the test and the garage breaking ground, our new dishwasher also came in. Our old one broke about 2 months ago and Thomas was about at his wits end from all the hand washing.
Tacoma Peeps - Favorite pediatrician. Both with and without a more natural approach? I have a list from my midwife, but I am excited to hear from you all too!


Everyone - What are the things that you want to make sure are important to your pediatrician? I never need a regular doctor and don't even know where to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment