Friday, May 13, 2016

18 Weeks

 Week 18 Complete
How far along? 18 weeks and 2 days (in the photo and for all this info)
Baby is the size of: A sweet potato, a slingshot, or a croissant. About 5.5 inches long and weighing in about 7 oz.
What did the baby develop: The nervous system and facial features are being fine tuned, and squishy is kicking, rolling, and moving all over the place! Wee one can also yawn, hiccup, and swallow now. The myelin coating on the nerves is developing, which protects and facilitates the brain's communication with the rest of the nervous system.
Gender: Unknown to us.
How many:1 little squishy
Showing a bump: I think so some days and not others. Sweet baby likes to play hide and seek.
Maternity clothes: Nope
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: Still sleeping really well with my pillow between my knees.
Movement: I think it may be possible that I felt the little one move Monday night. But I am not 100% sure and I haven't felt anything since then.
Best moment this week: Had my "first" mothers day. It still didn't feel real because I didn't look pregnant on Sunday. But I got a few cards, the perfect gift, a few flowers in church, and then had Indian food. So thankful for the momma who gave me these embryos so I could be a momma.
Miss anything: Missing my large selection of things to wear. My dwindling wardrobe is getting harder and harder to choose from.
Medical Help:  Daily Vitamins - Prenatal, fish oil, Vitamin D, and Probiotic
Emotionally Feeling: Totally normal
Belly button in or out: In
Food cravings: Always loving fruit.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, no.
Symptoms/Side effects: Random stretching feeling in my abdomen. But pretty much can eat anything now.
Wedding ring off or on: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Always happy
Looking forward to: Feeling this little one move! I has to happen sooner or later. 
Things they don't tell you about pregnancy: They don't tell you that you can be 4 months in, not feel the baby kick, not look pregnant, not feel any symptoms, and still be pregnant. And for most people it is not a big deal, but when you have experienced loss and the loss comes in the form of heart beats stopping almost 2 weeks before you miscarry... it is so very very weird. But is also gives me the grace to simply trust that this little one is perfect, and God has a plan. I have complete peace that this little one is fine and come Oct 10th, give or take a few days or weeks, we will hold in our arms our sweet child. It is a beautiful place to be. Entrusting my kiddos to God, even through this stage. And I realize that most women don't have the thought of loss in their hearts when they are at this stage, but for those of us who do, it is a perfect place to just nestle in His arms, trusting in His beauty. Even if these thoughts just jump in my mind every once in a while, I love that I get the reminders just as often to choose trust.

18 Weeks!

So I have asked you before when you first felt movement, but now I am curious about when other people see or feel movement? Like when did your hubby and families put their hands on your belly to feel your wee one move? I can't wait to share it with Thomas almost as much as I can't wait to experience it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment